To: Technion and Technion R&D Foundation (TRDF) employees, students and staff
I would like to bring to your attention certain changes in our COVID-related guidelines and work procedures that will come into effect on Sunday, Oct. 3rd:
- The Ministry of Public Health has changed the rules regarding eligibility to hold a “Green Pass”. Please look at the RAMZOR website to find out whether you are still eligible and produce an updated Green Pass document to be presented where necessary.
- Everyone entering the Technion will need to present to the guards in the gates an updated Green Pass or a valid negative COVID test as before. Dorm residents may also use their dorm confirmation document to enter the campus.
- As we prepare to launch the new academic year according to schedule, we will return to full scale work on our campuses. Administrative directors in the various units may apply to the HR dept. at the Technion or TRDF to obtain special permission for specific employees to conduct their work from home or other remote locations. Except for rare cases, such permits will be issued for up to one day a week.
- The limitation not to exceed 75% occupancy in lecture halls is removed. Also, events and ceremonies can be held on campus as before but subject to the general COVID regulations as they apply in all other public places.
With best wishes,
An update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding the activation of the Green Pass on the Technion’s campuses.
Please download hebrew pdf
An update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, following Corona Cabinet decisions.
Please download pdf
The Ministry of Public Health has reinstated the requirement to wear face masks in all closed spaces as of yesterday at noon. The implications to Technion students and staff are as follows:
- Everyone is required to wear masks inside buildings at the Technion.
- This requirement also holds in all classrooms and auditoria where lectures, tutorials and exams take place.
- Lecturers are allowed to take off the mask while they teach as long as they maintain a 2 meters distance from the closest student.
- There is no change in the schedule of classes and exams. The exams will be done on campus as announced previously.
- At the present time, the requirement to wear masks holds during the exams. We are trying to secure an exemption from this particular requirement and if successful we will announce it promptly.
- People suffering from medical issues that prevent them from wearing a mask need to secure an appropriate medical document to prove it.
- Sport activities in the gym and basket ball arena are exempt from the mask requirement. Masks must be worn in the closed pool (of course, not when staying in the water)
- Academic and administrative staff, as well as graduate students & postdocs are allowed to take off the masks while they are in an office which they occupy alone or with just one office mate. People working in larger open-spaces are allowed to take off the masks while in their working desk if proper partitions were placed near them.
- Please stay tuned to additional updates which we will send as soon as we receive them from authorized regulatory agencies.
Professor Boaz Golany
Executive Vice President and Director General
Professor Oded Rabinovitch
Senior Vice President
28th update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding gradual return to activity routine
Please download pdf
Re-opening the Sports Center: Updates and additional information
Please see below some updates regarding the re-opening of the Sport Center tomorrow:
- Negative Corona test will NOT enable entrance (this is in contrast to my previous message on this subject).
- Using formal Vaccination / Corona recovery confirmation will be possible tomorrow as many people who were vaccinated have not yet printed the Green Badge Confirmation. But, from Monday onwards, entrance will be possible only to those holding formal Green Badge confirmations (please look for the RAMZOR website of the Ministry of Public Health where one can print these confirmations).
- The numbers of people staying simultaneously in the swimming pools complex and the gym are restricted by the Green Badge regulation to maximum capacity figures. We will monitor these numbers and in case we reach these ceilings, new arrivals will have to wait until some users of the center leave. If and when the demand to the center’s facilities will surge, we will reinstall an early reservation system.
- At this stage, children under the age of 16 are not allowed to enter the Sport Center.
- Users of the center’s facilities are kindly requested to follow the guidelines printed and pasted inside the complex.
- The gym will reopen tomorrow on 7AM and the pool complex at 10AM.
Wishing good health to all,
Gradual return to routine on campus
Dear Technion community
Starting on Sunday (Feb. 21st ), the government plans a wide scale gradual opening of the economy back to its routine operation. Within this framework, we plan to re-open our Sports Center, including the swimming pools complex and the gym. Only people holding formal Vaccination Confirmations, Recovery from COVID confirmation or negative result in COVID test taken within the last 48 hours will be eligible to enter these places . Similarly, the MICHLOL store will re-open under similar restrictions and we are hoping to open additional stores on campus. Please note that supermarkets on campus remain open to all (i.e., no need to present special confirmations to enter them) as they are considered essential services.
Also on Sunday and beyond, the limitations on the number of people congregating in close space will be lifted from 5 to 10 and in open space from 10 to 20. Students who lack proper learning conditions at home are invited to use the learning spaces spread across the campus under the set of Purple Badge regulations and particularly under the limitation of the number of people allowed to stay together in a given space as mentioned above.
Please note that we continue to require Health Declaration or Vaccination/Recovery Confirmation in order to enter the Technion gates.
Vaccination option on campus next week
Dear faculty members, Technion and TRDF employees, and students,
In support of the Israeli government’s effort to vaccinate the Israeli population against the Coronavirus, the Technion, in cooperation with the Ministry of Public Health, will be offering a vaccination program on campus next week.
Anyone interested in receiving the vaccination, please register here . If we’ll see sufficient demand, Magen David Adom will set up a vaccination booth in the Zilony Student Union building. The exact date will be announced after we will know the number of people registered and an appropriate notice will be distributed.
Members of all 4 major HMOs ( Clalit, Leumit, Maccabi and Meuhedet) will all be able to receive the vaccination in this booth.
Vaccinations will not be available for those who have recovered from the Corona virus, those who are currently ill with COVID-19, or those who are under 16 years of age.
24th update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding Technion’s operations from next week onwards in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please download pdf